Subject: Re: [Leica] focusing by moving self instead of lens
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 10:18:39 -0800

Nothing new here. Remember reading Elliot Erwitt commenting on this in the
60's. And he probably learned it from his predecessors.

I quickly learned not fine tune with the focusing of my 50/3.5 Micro Nikkor
when shooting bugs for Ortho Lawn & Garden books in late 70's. Kids,
animals, bugs....it's all the same. Only with macro, instead of a step it's
just a head bob!

Sounds easier in theory than in practice, though. Difficulty relative to
degree of movement. I learned to photograph insects when frozen....and kids
when sleeping!

Dave