Subject: RE: [Leica] Non-Leica lenses for available light
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 11:23:34 -0000

Paul Chefurka wrote:

"Some laws of nature can't be altered even with prayer:  "Oh God, I hope
this 35/1.4 AIS is as good as my Summilux ASPH.""

But that really isn't a fair comparison, there's - what - 20 years between
those designs? The more reasonable comparison would be between the 35/1.4
AIS and the pre-Asph 'lux, and the Nikkor doesn't do too badly in that race.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.