Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Film Loading
From: Douglas Lee <douglas_lee_2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 12:25:27 -0800 (PST)

- --- Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com> wrote:
> From: "HTFoto"
>
> > Like I said I'm a total newbie but so far I've
> found
> > the loading to be really easy!  Even a little
> drawing
> > to help too... great!   <<<SNIP>>
>
> Yeah, well, don't strut too much;  After  ten years
> with this M6, and other Leicas
> before it, (I shoot two to four rolls a week through
> that camera.) I mis-loaded a
> roll today.
>
>    I've got several  semi-double exposures.  It
> finally caught, and the last few
> frames are OK.   I think I'll go back to the little
> accordian fold, the Tina Manley
> method.   Never failed when I did that.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sonny

Well, I've mis-loaded one of the ten rolls I have put
thru my m6... caught it when the rewind knob did not
turn, but that was a total mis-load.

However, since the rewind knob on my m2 does not turn
as film is advanced I load the film, put the bottom
on, advance one frame and then open it back up to
check that the film has advanced properly, if so, I
close it back up, advance a couple of frames, set
counter to 0 and carry on. Is there a better way?

- -Doug Lee