Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:20:43 -0800

Doug Herr wrote:

> On Mon, 19 November 2001, "Ted Grant" wrote:
>

> > Forget Kodachrome! And use one of the beautiful E6 films with the finished
> > slides available within a couple hours of exposing your film? ;-)
> >

> Ted, E6 films processed locally make much more sense for you than for me.  Photography is an after-hours pursuit, not my primary income.  I have to minimize the expense, and one way to do that is to use someone else's cast-off PK36 pre-paid mailers.  Doesn't matter whether I use E6 or K14 films, the turn-around with PK36 is abominable; given it's slow with either type of film, I'll pick the dye stability of K64 over an E6 film.
>
> I do eventualy get a financial return but it may be months or years later so quick turn-around isn't a high priority for me.
>

><Snip>
And we all know what I'm going to say at this point:
that CameraWorld gives me a 24 hour turnaround for my Kodachrome.
That's faster service i than i ever got when everyone was using it a decade or
so back.

When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder I can think at all
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall

Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah
I got a Leica camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away

If you took all the girls I knew when I was single
And brought them all together for one night
I know they'd never match my sweet imagination
><Snip>

Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah
I got a Leica camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away