Subject: RE: [Leica] Scanner (was High altitude question)
From: "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:03:59 -0500

At 12:29 AM 11/20/2001, you wrote:
> >I was leaning toward the 4000 too. But I decided that resolution isn't my
> >biggest issue. Time and cost are. I want to be able to batch scan a whole
> >roll of film unmanned. I can't do that now. I'm now leaning toward the
> >Kodak 3600 which scan complete rolls as is. The NCS4000 requires a $500
> >adaptor. Plus the Kodak comes with 100 free rolls of film.  I've talked to
> >several people who purchased the Kodak and they seem very satisfied.
>
>According to Kodak's web site, the 100 free rolls offer has been extended.
>It applies to scanners purchased between 5/31/01 and 12/31/01, and Kodak
>must receive the request for film by 1/31/02.  Film must be selected in
>multiples of 20 rolls and includes some Ektachromes, Portras, T-Max, and
>Tri-X.

Neat - I'd plump for one of the 3600s if the thing would scan MF
negs...including 616 and 6x9...

Still pondering a sub $500 scanner to do this, not for printing out but for
web use.  Suggestions?

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

Why use a big word when a diminutive one will do?