Subject: Re: [Leica] Not a good week
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:16:13 +0100

>When my plus-x ran out I decided to switch to Delta 100 (a friend
>told me to).  I have developed 5 or 6 rolls now and still am not
>getting what I want.  I have tried the 1:3 dilution for 15-12
>minutes and the 1:1 for 8:10 minutes ARRRGGG. Nothing is coming out
>right.  So I come to you in grief.  I have heard the praises of
>Delta 100 but am starting to hate it myself.  I posted a few scans
>so that you can see what it is coming out as.  They scanned
>contrastier than the originals (and look better that way) but If you
>could point out to me what might be wrong(I can not seem to see it
>for myself right now).
>http://www.geocities.com/david_degner/gallery/bad_1.html

what developer are you using? Try xtol 1+1 for 11 mins if you use an
e.i. of 100 and add a minute if you shoot at 200. these times work
very well with my thermometer showing 68°F. delta 100 at 200 works
very well in xtol 1+1, better than in any other developer i know of.

i enjoyed looking at your website, but i have one suggestion. i use a
powerbook and some of the portrait type (higher than wide) pictures
are too big for the screen and scrolling is not a solution. i guess
many other people use powerbooks, so it might be a good idea to make
the pictures fit a powerbook screen.