Subject: Re: [Leica] philadelphia heathrow cairo airport security
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:59:53 EST

In a message dated 11/20/01 9:35:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu writes:

> - in six check-in's over the past 20 days, it's never
>  taken us more than 15 minutes from curb to gate -

Unless you're the Secretary of State or Defense or you have top tier first
class check-in privileges, don't leave yourself less than 1 1/2 to 2 hours at
JFK, O'Hare, LAX (Los Angeles Int'l) or Albany (NY), the only airports I've
experienced since 9-11. At Kennedy three weeks ago, if I were not platinum,
it would have taken me an hour from curb to check-in, another 30 minutes
through security, then a long walk to the gate where they board 30 minutes
before scheduled departure - and if you're not at the gate at least ten
mintes before departure, EVEN IF YOU ARE CHECKED IN YOU CAN LOSE YOUR SEAT.

I've flown between 50-100,000 miles in each of the last three years. Take
care, travelers, we are living in a different world than we were and it is a
very serious one.

A Happy Thanksgiving to all Yanks and to everyone, happy, healthy holidays
and a safe year-end.

Seth        LaK 9