Subject: [Leica] 1.25x magnifier w/ 135/2.8 M lens
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:07:36 EST

<<

Has anyone tried using a 135/2.8 Elmarit-M with goggles on a camera fitted
with the

new 1.25x magnifier? Can you see the whole frame? I'm especially curious in
this

combo on an M3, but am interested in any comments with other M cameras too.

Emanuel Lowi

Montreal

- - -->>

I have tried that exact combination (the second thing I tried actually) and
the corners are simply too dark to be used effectively. You do see the lines,
the problem is what is BEHIND the lines.

However, on a .72 body you can just about make it. Still a little annoying,
but in a pinch it can help you focus that lens. A .85 body was about the same
as the M3 to my eye. Not good.

If your only use for the magnifier is to use with that lens, I would skip it.
It is much better suited for other purposes. It is wonderful for a 90mm on a
.85 body!

bests,
Rich
photovillage.com