Subject: Re: [Leica] OT:Photo grad school.
From: George Day <george@rdcinteractive.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:40:15 -0800

Dave,

In addition to these points, as others have pointed out learning how to run
a business is part of the game.  Schools like Brooks teach business
principles.  I know photographers whose financial success rivals and
surpasses physicians and lawyers; some of them went to photography or other
arts programs, others didn't.

For the young man thinking of going to a grad program: if the camaraderie,
intense learning experience and opportunity to live, breathe and think
photography in a disciplined environment sounds attractive, then go.  If
not, and if you have a formidable amount of self-discipline, then perhaps
it's not for you.

Also, to really get an idea about what it's all about, contact schools
directly and, if practicable, set up interviews and tours.

Either way, don't let anyone's snobbery, ravings, pessimism or insecurity
get in your way.