Subject: Re: [Leica] OT:Photo grad school.
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:55:42 -0800

Good point Mark!

In spite you're walking onto a sharp edge that's a good point.
Maybe photographers would have to go to an art school first, then specialize
in photography ... but I'm not sure.

What it is really true is that the best the photographer is/was the less
s/he went to a photo school...

And at last, the most important photographer of the history are/were self
made...

Then, the more you educate yourself the better you really are.

regards

In spite of that stuff I have to say that kids from SVA in NY have a good
eye and tend to keep more tuned than others. Maybe the SVA let them learn by
themselves more than trying to teach. At least that's what I try to do when
someone asks me to "teach" photography. I only try to let them know their
own potential. As from a creative point and other skills.

Maybe you and some others amongst us are anarchists. Some others are
liberals and some others maybe don't exist. ;-)

- --
Pablo Kolodny
www.pablokolodny.com