Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Piezo Plunge
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:10:57 -0500

Forgive me if this had already been interminably responded to...;-)

They are 'practically giving them away' at B&W, where they are in the
$700-800 range - I forget the exact price. As to service, I'm sure there
are people who have had problems with theirs, but I've been pushing the
h out of mine for a good 18 months or so - maybe more than two years -
without a single problem that a software reinstall wouldn't
correct....at the current price, to get a 4000 dpi scanner, I'd say 'go
for it' and worry later about the future of Polaroid. And, BTW, the fact
that Polaroid, the corp, may be going belly up, doesn't mean that
someone won't take over the scanner line....

B. D.