Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS:noctilux halloween now flash on sidelines
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:42:08 -0800

Magnessbill@aol.com wrote:

> I believe it to be extremely bad manners to pop a flash in someones face when they are trying to concentrate on the task at hand, whether it be sports or theater.
> Our job is not so important that we should interfere.
> Bill
> ASMP
> --

That's a strange thing to hear from an ASMP Photojournalist!?
Twinkie lights bothering people?!!! What a thought!
An ASMP member which stands for American Society Of Media Photographers.
We'd better not argue with that!
But wait!!
The ASMP records state you are a CORPORATE-INDUSTRIAL photographer!
In the corporate industrial photography I've done the bosses don't care if I
twinkie light their workers or not!
I could blind them for all they'd care.
I'll bring in my power packs and use several hundred watt seconds on some shots
in offices even. Set up stands and umbrellas.
An on-camera flash?!! Forgetaboutit it! Twinkie lights don't bother nobody.
But they don't want it to LOOK like a flash shot! That's the point!
They'll close down the whole factory to get a shot!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com