Subject: [Leica] WAS: noctilux halloween imagesNOW: football dummies. ;-)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:13:28 -0800

Mike Gil wrote:
>>> It seems more and more players think the photogs on the sidelines are
hitting dummies.  I've had enough close calls that I won't go down on one
knee anymore. <<<<

Hi Mike,
Despite my aversion to standing and shooting field sports, I agree with you
about ball players hitting a photog kneeling on the side line.

Having been one of those dummies on a couple of occasions trust me, "it
hurts, it scares the hell out of you, it hurts more, it breaks cameras and
you figure every bone in your body has been broken. Finally...your last
thought as you are being buried under a pile of huge bodies is,  " After all
I've been through I'm going die on a damn football field!" ;-)  fade to
black! :-)

For any of you who haven't had this exciting experience, trust me it's not
one you want to go through, particularly when you're completely blind sided
and don't see it coming. Why? Because you're shooting in a different
direction and "WHAM BAM" the game is over! Really fade to black.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant