Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS:noctilux halloween now flash on sidelines
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:31:25 -0800

Bill Magness wrote:
>>> In sports, during competition, I think it's possible that a flash could
distract the athlete- causing a missed pass, poor throw etc. I would feel
bad to have caused this. A journalist  IMHO, should not effect the out come
of the thing they are covering.<<<<

Hi Bill,
Once again let me assure you the flash, multi flashes, yours, mine or anyone
else's do not interfere with any athlete, certainly not pros who are
accustomed to it all the time.

Despite what you may think, flash has absolutely nada effect. Your concerns
are honourable in not influencing play action, but they are completely
unfounded.

If you were to deliberately flash an athlete from about 3-4 feet away
directly in the eyes as he looked right at you, yep he'd have some effect.
But how often does that scenario occur during any sport?  The effect of
flash on the eyes is dying within milliseconds it leaves the flash, so
during a game it has no effect on the playing.
Calm your fears my man, for you worry for nothing. :-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] WAS:noctilux halloween now flash on sidelines)