Subject: Re: [Leica] (depressing) Wedding photographers Ottawa..? help
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:34:37 -0800

photographers whose fee was around $4000 - she said -<<<<

So she charged $4000. That's not too bad considering there are photographers
in New York who wont talk to you for less than a $20,000 fee!

Heck when I was stupid enough to shoot weddings many years ago I hated every
minute of it. And finally dropped them all together.  However, I had so many
recommendations from previous couples I figured "well OK if they want me
that bad I'll scare them off simply by charging $1000. cash plus cost of
film. They give me my money at the end of the wedding day, I give them the
film, also the name of a lab to get it developed and printed.... they were
out of my face.

Hell I couldn't scare off enough of them, so I upped the price to $2000 for
the same conditions. Slowed them down a bit, but it didn't end. Upped it to
$4000, almost shut them off, however there were still takers.

But shooting weddings was still a big pain in the ass, even though it was
quick  "cash money" with no after the fact fuss nor muss! So finally I went
to $5000. and it ended! :-)

I still believe the "cash in hand give them the film" is the easiest
economical  and non nerve racking way to do weddings. It's no fuss and money
in the hand for as little misery from the brides mother as possible. :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] (depressing) Wedding photographers Ottawa..? help)