Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG for R Cameras
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 06:29:34 +0100

Robert,

While it is true that the majority of messages on the LUG concern the
rangefinder line, there are a fair number of "dual users" like myself, and even
some exclusively R users. I would hate to see the list split into sublists
(rangefinder, screwmount, R). When I was getting into the Leica SLRs, I posted
many questions about the bodies and lenses on the list and got many helpful
replies (see the archives from a couple of years ago).

So my suggestion is that if you would like to see more discussion of R stuff
here, then start a thread.

As for your contemplated purchase of an R8, go for it! It is the most
ergonomically correct camera I have ever held in my hands, and it is wonderful
in every respect. And the R lenses are even more amazing than their M
counterparts IMO.

Nathan