Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DR-SUMMICRON - with strange aperture scale
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:17:45 EST

In a message dated 11/29/01 9:07:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dcardish@sympatico.ca writes:

> Just who is this Dr. Summicron and why are we always talking about him?

Dan:

You're going to have to be sympatico with me. Here's the real story:

Dr. Hans Summicron was the son of Herr Max Berek. Herr Berek was a survivor
of the Franco-Prussian War, the principal benefactor of which was the cadet
son of French Emperor Napoleon III (Nota Bene: the III, a distant relative of
Leica III).

Permit me to interrupt myself: does anyone on the list actually remember Nota
Bene? She was the elder daughter of Judge Roy Bean, the infamous Texas
"Hanging Judge." Her younger sister was named Isa Bean.

Friends, colleagues and recently formed enemies, THAT'S trivia.

Hopefully still your friend,

Seth          LaK 9