Subject: Re: [Leica] 400mm f/6.8 Macro-Telyt-R
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:19:11 EST

In a message dated 11/29/2001 10:53:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
telyt@earthlink.net writes:

<< I used 2 of the 14182 extension tubes made for this lens (thanks Chris)
and had the lens on its shoulder stock, with the shoulder stock on a monopod.
 I find the combination of the shoulder stock and monopod gives me excellent
stability and reasonable mobility. >>

I use the 400 similarly except I connect a Novoflex bellows to it - it is
light  and I don't have the tubes.

BTW, I am off to the British Virgin Islands on Monday for two weeks and the
old question  comes up again.  What lenses to take (R system). I have tried
all kind of combinations over the years but now with the security issues,
weight and size come into the equation more than before. (Film will be
Kodachrome 25 and 200). Any help??

Also, I fly quite a bit and have had some bad experiences with security
checks and film.  Last week I had 30 rolls of film in a FilmShield bag. When
the xray operator could not make out what was in the bag they "hand
inspected"  by taking all of the film out and putting the rolls through the
xray machine!! I requested a true hand examination and was refused by the
security person and her supervisor (Philadelphia, American Airlines). I
called the airport administrator, the FAA and the airline when I arrived
home.  They all said I had the right to a hand search but that it was up to
the security personnel on duty at the time. I could not believe it.
Bob Figlio