Subject: [Leica] R4
From: Mike Riska <musta@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:32:19 -0700

Could someone tell me what the take-up spool should look like on an R4?
I just acquired one and can't seem to figure out how to load it. The
spool looks like a smooth black cylinder with a flat spot on it. Around
the bottom half there is a white plastic "bushing" with a thumb wheel at
the bottom . It has teeth to engage the film. There is nothing at the
top of the spool to secure the film. Is something missing here or am I
just exceedingly dense?  Thanks in advance. Mike Riska