Subject: [Leica] Focusing tabs (& Fri. FS)
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:13:09 -0500

- --
About a month ago, I replaced my 35 mm JSK Xenogon with a 35/f1.7 C/V
Ultron. The lens is great, but I found the absence of a focusing tab
VERY annoying. Someone from Schneider, who I spoke to at Photo Expo
Plus in NYC is checking to see if the tab for the 35/f2.5 will
fit--there's a screw in just the right place on the focusing
ring--but this afternoon I hit on an excellent alternative. "Magic
Mounts" clear bumpers are self-stick clear, soft plastic bumps 7/16"
(1.11cm.) wide. I stuck one in an appropriate place on the focusing
ring and it makes the lens handle much better. Looks good too--
better than plastic or metal straps I've seen recommended for the
same purpose. There is one problem though-- @ 10 for $1.59 they're
MUCH to cheap to be Leica (or even Cos/voigt accessories--maybe some
entrepreneur will paint a red dot on them and sell them for a more
appropriate price.

BTW, (Fri. FS content) the Xenogon is still available if anyone is interested.

Bob Marvin