Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V21 #117
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:57:40 -0500

On Tuesday, November 27, 2001, at 03:50 AM, Leica Users digest wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:40:55 +0100
> From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Merz- PAW45 and SAWs
>
> Hi Alexey,
>
> Gorgeous show of the meteor shower.

Thanks!

> It reminds me of my attempts to
> photograph Halley's comet back in 1986. I did it at Paynes Prairie in
> Central Florida, which was about as dark a place as I could find.

Cool!

>  In the
> end the comet shots were not that great, but I did get some nice
> shots of
> the starry sky. One thing that would have made your shot even
> better would
> have been a silhuetted tree in the foreground.

Yes, In retrospect, you're right.

Strangely, though I had planned for months to *watch* the shower, I
did not think about photography until the evening immediately
before. I'm happy that I got what I did!!

Alexey Merz
Department of Biochemistry
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover NH 03755-3844
alexey@webcom.com | alexey@dartmouth.edu
603-650-1702 | http://www.webcom.com/alexey/