Subject: Re: [Leica] Badtrans virus alert!
From: Tom Christiansen <tomchr@softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:27:02 -0800

Folks,

>I've received a few lately, but my version of Eudora (lite, 3.0.6) simply
>shows the vurus file as an attachment, which I can delete without any risk.

Why isn't the mailing list software set up so that it blocks attachments?
Nobody in their right mind would send an attachment to a mailing list
anyway. Wouldn't blocking attachments block a significant part of those
pesky viruses?

Thank God (or McAfee) for antivirus software. My virus shield blocked that
bugger right away.

And please remember to backup your data frequently... OK, I know. Real men
don't make backup. Real men often cry for prolonged periods of time over
loss of data... :-)

Tom

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <Brian.Reid@cs.cmu.edu> (Re: [Leica] Badtrans virus alert!)
Reply from "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Badtrans virus alert!)