Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lomo
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 15:02:01 -0800

I have two Lomos, different models. I'm assuming you are referring to the
'classic' Lomo that looks kind of like a Minox 35 - their best model.

Pros: possibility for excellent quality, unpredictability, community of
Lomographers, impressing all of the artsy-fartsy types
Cons: too expensive for what it is (due to status), unpredictable,
unreliable film transport

I think the 'good' Lomo is about $175, but I have another Lomo that is
every bit as good (same lens I think) but looks like a real toy and it was
$30 for TWO - straight from Russia.

Personally, I think the Lomo is a bit like the Diana or Holga, just smaller
(OK, it has a better lens too, but who cares?). I prefer the 6 x 6 format
of the Diana / Holga, but at an art opening the Lomo is generally a hit -
and you get some interesting images from time to time. It is really a
camera for experimenting with and taking chances with, lots of fun.

- - marc