Subject: Re: [Leica] the difference between photography and art (and weegee!)
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 11:14:52 -0500

I guess the Art world has adopted Weegee.  At one point in his career he WAS
able to laugh at the crowd that has embraced him.  Look at "The Critic"
http://www.icp.org/weegee/weegee09.html

I saw the exhibit when it was in Norfolk.  Since I have been a fan of
Weegee's for a long time I didn't see much new.  It was a nice exhibit tho.
Maybe the photo crowd didn't feel the need to show up, at least for the
grand opening, since he has always been part of them.  The gala openings
belong to the art crowd.  The true devotees will come later.

Mike D