Subject: [Leica] Loading 35mm 36 exposure film
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 11:22:12 -0800

Since we're talking about metal and plastic reels and tanks I'd like to talk
about my vexation with doing 36 exposure rolls on plastic reels.

I do 24 ex just fine. But 36 is killing me, esp with technical pan that has
a thick base (although even Delta 100 is hostile).

The problem comes in two ways: the darn film slides out of the guides as it
loads and then, toward the end, it just wants to buckle.

Now I'm seeing words that suggest beveling the ends of the film at the
corner. I can train myself to not fully rewind the film and then clip the
end and the edges before I process it.

Is there something else I should be doing? I just HAVE to be more reliable
in loading film.

I have really appreciated the conversation about 120 which has inspired me
to write. It's darned embarrasing to feel so klutzy.

Thanks!

Adam

Replies: Reply from "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] Loading 35mm 36 exposure film)