Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 48 - what a real bookshop looks like
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 06:37:46 -0800

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>>> Last Friday I was in Brussels and as is my habit when I go there, I
> visited a wonderful second-hand bookshop, a one-man operation with a
> good selection of photography books <<<

Hi Nathan,
Great looking shop, my kind of book store.

>>> The main picture--I chose this one because it shows the overall
> environment best:
>
> http://www.wajsman.com/48.jpg<<<<<

Gee Nathan one thing I noticed immediately, apart from good exposure /
composition, was the neat design of the store, I suppose the leaning walls
help keep books on the shelves! ;-)  :-)

I noted several others mentioned this lean item that unfortunately plagues
all of us if we forget the knees bend and when using the wides,  to take
extra care the camera is held horizontally and vertically straight,
otherwise......:-)

For those who think I'm on Nathan's case about what some would perceive as a
minor detail, I'm not hard on his case simply for something to nit pick. But
because this tilt down is a common error "WE ALL MAKE!" Me included.  And if
you don't think I make it, you should be around here when Sandy Carter my
associate is editing a shoot! :-)

Hell on earth is nothing like a woman editor when you make "simple
mistakes!":-)

I like both frames Nathan, certainly the "hand action" for the communication
aspect rather than just sitting there looking at the birdie.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 48 - what a real bookshop looks like)