Subject: Re: [Leica] 400mm 2.8
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 22:40:44 -0800

Doug Herr wrote:

> On Tue, 04 December 2001, "michael grady" wrote:
> >
> > I've had the 280 2.8 for a few years and I diligently use it on a tripod.  I
> > also have the 1.4 and 2 x teleconverters and use them with the 280.
> > However, I do notice a little softness when I add a teleconverter.  That's
> > why I was thinking of a 400.  Am I thinking up the wrong tree?

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't a Leica 400 f2.8 like a zillion dollars? And for just a quarter-zillion more, can't you get a Telyt head and focus module and then have the benefit of expanding to other focal lengths for much less money? Is the Telyt system worth it?  I have only seen it in the brochures and it makes me drool!  I was assuming that it was the way to go for extreme tele users, but they won't even let me _touch_ the ones at the local Leica dealer (I guess the tie-dye shirt and worn-out sneakers gives away my credit limit).

Thanks,
- - marc

Replies: Reply from "michael grady" <michaelgrady@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] 400mm 2.8)