Subject: Re: [Leica] Help!! Browser crash!
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 06:42:20 -0500 (EST)

i'm no expert, but i use NS from my os 8.5 mac.  unfortunately, i dont
have it in front of me right now.

i believe it stores its stuff down underneath the system folder.
your bookmarks should be in a file called bookmarks.html. you might
want to do a find for that file.  there may be a couple, since
netscape introduced the idea of signing on as multiple users.  if you
find it, you can import them into your netscape.  it's a strange
problem that you cannot save your preferences.  you might want to add
a few bookmarks, and then do a find for bookmarks.html and see where
they are being put.

doesn't mac 9 support multiple users and preferences also?  maybe it's
a conflict caused by that.

being the paranoid person that i am, i usually try to make a copy
of bookmarks.html, to ward off against some clever application software
writer doing something magic to "help me."

sorry i can't be of more assistance; i like macs but i cannot claim to
understand macos the way i do solaris.

- -rei