Subject: Re: [Leica] Help!! Browser crash!
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 10:35:57 -0800

Mark,

I'm also on a Mac but 9.2.
I'd be re installing Netscape but before that would be trashing Netscape
preferences folder since re installing seems to take the earlier prefs.
At least that was what I had to do in a similar case. And is still working
on and on since a lot of time, flawlessly.
What version of Netscape are you talking about. Mine is 4.75, I had the
Netscape 6 but my computer crashed very often when opening that version. I
got back to the earlier one and worked well.

On the other side IE works really fine most of the times depending on the
site I'm visiting, others I'll go via Netscape.

I see you manage your e-mail through Netscape, I don't think that's a good
idea. OE works really fine, manages lots of e-mail accounts. And in the case
you prefer more Mac stuff I'd be going for aunt Eudora Pro. Mac fans use it.

So, I'd suggest you get rid of the Netscape copy you have, download a new
installer and set your own new prefs. (Don't forget trashing older Netscape
prefs folder in the System Folder>Preferences>Netscape Prefs).

As someone suggested export your bookmarks to keep them safe and any other
stuff like your address book and so on.

Good luck and you have to be proud to have this as your major computer
problem after so many years.

- --
Pablo Kolodny
www.pablokolodny.com