Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 48 - what a real bookshop looks like
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 10:03:28 -0800

I was not defending you, Nathan. But I was defending the way you
photographed.
Ted's comments are right. Sometimes, not always.
I knew your tilting was not intentional but I think that, in this specific
case, adds some vibrant stuff and rhythm. No tilting in your photo would
lead us to some boring image taken bye whoever pro photographer in a
specific assignment for design magazine or so. By the way, have you ever
seen any difference between two pros of the same photo ?
As a pro photographer I am I try not to keep rules so hard. This allows me
to work free to let the viewer feels in there. Perspective is great most of
the times. Human eye works great that way.
When using LF cameras I try to get some specific angle of view rather to
compensate for verticals, even to play with focusing not to have everything
in 100% focused. But that's my way to work.
Some people think  a photo should show everything. I think that a photo is
only to suggest, to let the viewer go through his own trip.

Regards

- --
Pablo Kolodny
www.pablokolodny.com