Subject: [Leica] Salgado and light
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpix@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 23:22:03 +0000

I have just finished watching the not great Salgado/Berger programme on TV
and, as always, was amazed at Salgados use of light, particularly contre
jour, and the luminosity of his work. My understanding is that he does not
use a flash so how does he control his highlight ot shadow ratio so
successfully. Is it the processing and/or printing? Does anyone out there
have any ideas? Tina is the closest on the list that I know of for doing
this - if you are there Tina can you through anything into this?

I ad seen the programme before, and it is not the greatest that I have seen
(john Berger is a bit of a prat IMHO) but it is always good to look at
Salgados work.

Gerry
www.gwpics.com