Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions on the R8
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 19:34:43 +0100

Robert,

I bought my R8 in April and I must say that it is becoming my favorite
camera, even when I travel. The lenses are fantastic, but I would take the
35-70 instead of the 28-70. The 35-70 is a very sharp and contrasty lens.
The exposure (automatic or manual) is almost perfect and I leave my Sekonic
in it's case most of the time. The motordrive is the natural complement to
the R8, the autobracketing feature can come in handy... Autofocus? I don't
need AF. When in manual mode, it's very easy to adjust the ligt measuring
mode and the shutterspeed (in half stops). All the information I need is in
the viewfinder, plus I can wear my glasses and still see everything - quite
a change from the R4/R6 or from the M's.

Tarek