Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions on the R8
From: "David Burdoin" <herzilein@clear.lakes.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 18:01:19 -0600

Hello Robert,

I bought an R8 last year and now have one each of all the R models.  I have
been using the Leica R system for more than 25 years.  The R8 is without any
question the finest camera I have ever used.  The build quality is
exceptional, and the optical (and mechanical) quality of the R lenses is
second to none.  The camera has plenty of  features and auto focus is of no
interest to me.

These remarks must be understood in context: I have not used all brands of
cameras, and I have never used the Leica M system.  These are my opinions,
based just on my own experiences and what I have read.

My guess is that if you get yourself an R8, you'll be very happy with it.

Sincerely,
David Burdoin