Subject: Re: [Leica] Pink haze
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:42:29 -0800

Feliciano di Giorgio wrote:

> I just developed my first roll of TMAX400 and notced a slight pink haze
> across
> the center of the developed roll. I used Kodak's TMAX developer, but was
> curious
> if that particular stock doesn't play nice with non Kodak fixers. Of
> course it could
> simply be some contamination on my end, but I was curious. Also do you
> HAVE to
> develop TMAX in it's specified developer? Could I use something like
> Rodinal?
> Tri-X doesn't seem to care.
>
> Thanks,
>
> feli
> --
If you've cut up your film already try putting it on a light table for
20 minutes. That will get the pink out.

If it's not cut up yet then roll it back on a reel and mix of a fresh
batch of rapid fix with no hardener and fix it again for another 10 minutes.

Wash and dry.

It is probably also the case that Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent  (KHCA) will
help get the pink out.
Or a coffee measure of Sodium Sulfite per 2 liters of water.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Pink haze)