Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-X vs. HP5+ at ISO 800
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:34:20 -0500 (EST)

this is from memory, so please forgive me if i misrepresent any statements.

anchell and troop mention these two films in the _darkroom cookbook_.  they
say that Tri-X was the most pushable film made until TMZ came along.  they
also say that HP5+ is much less pushable, limited to about 800.  nevertheless,
they say they prefer the ilford as a 400 film.  another thing i like about
HP5+ is that you can get it in all the formats i like: 35, 120 and 220.

at 800 ASA, you might also consider Fuji Neopan 1600 which in my testing
has a true speed of around 800 or so, so no pushing would be required for
your application.

- -rei