Subject: Re: [Leica] B52's over Atlanta or another Sorta A Week submission
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:59:25 -0500 (EST)

> From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
>
> Rei, the lens in question was the old plain vanilla 35 summilux.  Once you
> get to F2 the flare problem goes away and it is an excellent performer.
> When I tell people on the list that almost any Leica lens is a good lens its
> true.

impressive!  i've got that one too, and my experience is that this lens
could produce pretty sharp images, despite its reputation as an
ancient "bokeh-only" optic.

> Its interesting you ask about getting close to the band.  Just as in my
> street photography I just point my Leica in somebody's face I just bellied
> up to the bar and started snapping.  What was more interesting is that the
> professionals accorded me room at the stage and even apologized that they
> needed to use flash with their D30's and D1's.  It's amazing what some skill
> and a red logo will get you.

i wonder what their intepretations of the performance looked like.

> Don Dory
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

- -rei

Replies: Reply from "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com> (Re: [Leica] B52's over Atlanta or another Sorta A Week submission)