Subject: RE: [Leica] New M6 owner, what first Lens??
From: nhcharch@netscape.net (Noel Charchuk)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:43:21 -0500

Go to Steve Gandy's, site, http://www.cameraquest.com/rflench.htm
for a discussion on your questions.
I used a 35 adapter with my first Leica bayonet body, a M4-2 with the 6 framelines added. I used my fleet of 35/50/90/135 screw mount lenses and found it very easy to hold the selector lever in the right position for a particular lens length, while taking the picture.
In short order I added a Summicron DR 50, and a collapsible Elmar 2.8/50, followed by a 90, a 28 and 135 over the next year or so. I don't use the adapters with screw mount lenses as often now, as the later M lenses perform better than the older, hazier screw mounts I own.
Noel Charchuk

Visit my website @
http://telusplanet.net/public/nhcharch