Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6 owner, what first Lens??
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:54:33 -0600

Jeff--
I usually advise buying a 35mm lens if it's going to be your one &
only lens. But, I'm a photojournalist and it's just my preference. I
love 50mm so that would be a good choice, too. I would get either one
in a Summicron (that's f2.0).
My first 35mm was a 35mm f3.5 Summaron. I believe it cost me $25.00
(1966).  I used that lens for five years before getting something
faster, so speed isn't the be-all and end-all (despite all the
Noctilux fans out there).
John Fulton
Fort Worth
PS--Once you start using your M6, the Canonet and Rollei may find
they're spending alot of time on the shelf.