Subject: Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:39:57 -0500

At 01:22 PM 12/12/01 -0800, you wrote:
>B.D. wrote:
> >>As Leica gear goes, the Noctilux is a backbreaker - and don't forget that
>one of the main things many users love about Leica M gear is its small size
>and easy portability.<<<
>
>Now, now B.D. mon ami, :-)
>
>If one is in the army carrying an 80 pound back pack it eventually becomes a
>nothing chore. Therefore, the Noctilux may appear a "backbreaker" at first
>handling but after carrying it for sometime it becomes a feather weight and
>I'd prefer it to the 80lb. backpack. ;-)
>
>Does that make sense? ;-)
>ted

Yes!  And even given the fact that my knees are giving out from carrying
too much camera equipment over too many miles, I would keep the Noctilux
and give up an equivalent weight in any other lenses and/or bodies!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com