Subject: Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:48:49 -0500

> Instead of pontificating, why not just let others have their own opinions
> and leave it at that?

Well, if I wasn't constantly being inundated with posts stating the the
Noctilux is the God of lenses, I certainly would

 You've stated repeatedly your criticisms of the lens

And would you care to count the numbing number of posts praising the lens?

> (though you never mentioned how much, if at all, you've actually used one).
> Others (who do in fact use them, some - like Tina and Ted - on a regular
> basis for years now) have rebutted.

Actually, neither Ted nor Tina have rebutted the bulk of my criticisms,
other than Tina pointing out that it really isn't all that heavy, and
Ted's saying that it is his only 50. I would guess that most of the
time, Ted and Tina are using the lens for precisely the purpose for
which it was so well designed - to get shots that can't be gotten any
other way.

 What more remains to be said?

Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm)