Subject: [Leica] Re: Briefcase (Point and Shoot)
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:38:52 -0600

Mark:

>I bought in March this year

Don't sweat what the others are telling you.  Baby your M.  Coddle it.  Slap
a protective filter over your lens.  I think all of that is fairly normal
after buying an expensive camera.  I did all of the above.  Even though I
did take out a full coverage insurance rider on it.

After the first year, you'll start to develop more confidence that you can
use it without breaking it.  That you can use it without getting it dinged
and scratched.  That the lenses are hard enough they don't need to be
protected.

Eventually, I'd wager that you start forgetting about the cost of your M and
start using it like a tool.  Doesn't matter what anybody else says to you,
you'll do it in your own time.  No need to feel rushed.  Take your time.
It'll happen.  In the mean time, enjoy the feeling of having such a fine,
unblemished tool.

Eric

Message from "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] Briefcase (Point and Shoot))