Subject: Re: [Leica] Briefcase (Point and Shoot)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 22:01:08 +0100

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Leica M's are a camera and way of shooting very unlike others. They take
> a lot of getting used to.
> To really appreciate what it can do for you you have to marry it.
> You cant just visit it on weekends, put it up in an apartment and expect
> it to put out for you.

I agree with the above and that is the approach I usually take. Four of the 5
working days I carry my Domke 803 with the M system with me, and most days I use
the Ms. I try to integrate the Ms into my daily life. But sometimes even this
modest-sized outfit is too much. When I go on a business trip I do not want to
check any luggage, and if I have to take along papers, computer etc., then the
camera that goes with me has to fit in the pocket of a suit jacket. And an M6
simply does not fit there. So on those occasions I take my Ricoh GR1 which is not
much bigger than a pack of cigarettes.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman