Subject: Re: [Leica] bokeh, Nocti and otherwise [was: NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm]
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:18:56 -0500

Forgive me if I'm in error here, but I believe the comparison is between
a 50 Summilux - not Summarit - and the 50 Nokton. And it's not
surprising that the Nokton - even at its bargin basement price - would
have the edge, given that it is a modern aspherical lens and the 50
Summilux was last tweaked in, when, the mid-60s. The Summilux, btw,
certainly has the edge is build quality, but that is true of all Leica
lenses when compared to those of virtually any other manufacturer. But
the Nokton is a very nice fast 50, not matter what it's compared to.

B. D.

B. D.