Subject: Re: [Leica] Briefcases are for briefs
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:57:14 -0500

Wonderfully put, Sonny and Ted- I don't think anyone is suggesting that
one should go hammer nails with their Leica - save that for the Canon
F1, or Nikon F, both of which can take the beating and keep on clicking!
But there is a world of difference between misusing cameras and being
afraid to USE cameras. I do do my best to protect my gear: I keep it in
a padded bag or case when traveling; I have finally learned to place my
cameras on the floor, rather than on a table top or chair when on a job;
I try to keep them as dry and dust free as possible and still get the
shots I need. But all of that said, if you use your gear, you will put
some wear on it.....I'm always amused by how folks will lose sleep over
ever little nick and scratch, and then talk about how cool some brassed
to hell and back M2 or M4 looks...;-)

B. D.