Subject: [Leica] Re: dinging one's leica
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 08:47:23 +1100

"B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Sorry, but I just don't get it. I have bought new. I have bought used.
>But I have always bought TO use.

So who said we don't use our cameras?  In my particular case I
have over a hundred images online at 4020.net to back this up.
I use my Ms every week, both for fun stuff (the candids) and
also for pay-the-bills 360-degree VRs.

It is just that, as I noted earlier, compared to North America
Leicas elsewhere are relatively expensive.  Those of us who
aren't dumb or Trust Fund Babies have to take a little care to
protect our substantial investments.

(Yawn...) This is so obvious - why the foot-stamping?

> If, for that matter, if you buy a new hammer, do you
> keep it in the tool box until it somehow gets a nick?

If Leicas cost the same as hardware store hammers, then
this analogy would make perfect sense.

;?)

Andrew Nemeth

<http://4020.net>    -> photos, 360° panoramic vrs, sounds