Subject: [Leica] Re: Reviews on NEW Winder for M6...& Rapidwinder...
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 06:27:29 +1100

> Info about the Compact M Motor

I own and use both all the time.  The motor lives on the
M4-P, the RW on the M6TTL.  I mainly use the motor for
VR work where typically I have to shoot 8 shots in sequence
to capture a 360-degree panoramic scene.  The RW gets used
on the M6 for candid work, mainly because none of my potential
photo subjects can equate the trigger action with winding film.

I have a detailed entries on both motor and RW at the Leica
FAQ I maintain at:

Motor: <http://nemeng.com/leica/#033b>

RW: <http://nemeng.com/leica/#033ba>

BTW, they are completely different animals.  Use the RW
for one-off shooting, use the motor for continuous or
when you have to use a tripod (some of us do!).

(Ahem...) of course some claim they can use the RW to
shoot at 2fps... but I guess they don't need to frame
their shots after #1.  ;?)

Andrew Nemeth

<http://4020.net>    -> photos, 360° panoramic vrs, sounds
<http://nemeng.com>  -> vr java applets, leica faq, tech info