Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT] Billingham Bags...
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 10:36:47 -0600

on 12/15/01 6:32 AM, leica@davidmorton.org at leica@davidmorton.org wrote:

> I keep seeing Billingham bags referred to as playthings of the rich, which
> puzzles me because over here they're pretty much the standard snappers
> toolbag. Are they really so expensive in the US?

I kind of saw them as a travel book bag (the smaller one). To me they look
nice but not that "fancy", fance to me would be all leather like a Contax G
bag or the Leica one. I wonder if it's just noticeable to other
photographers as the "Bag of the Elite" ;) I don't relate them to a camera
bag when I see them unlike my olive balistic nylon Tamrac. If you really
want a "That guys got cameras" bag I have two Lowe-Pros from the 80's,
padded rectangular boxes that you carry around, now that a giveaway!
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com