Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux-ASPH?
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:52:05 -0800

>All I can say to the bunnies at Solms is can you finish the 24mm Asph
>Summicron first, pretty please?
>David Morton

I admit, I've often wished for the above lens but have been terrified at
what it might cost. Given that the Elmarit already costs about 2 grand and
that the metamorphosis from Elmarit to Summicron added another 5-6 hundred
dollars to the 28, not to mention the excitement that a Summicron 24 would
not fail to create, a 24 f/2 ASPH would probably set us back some $3000 -
YOW!

Guy