Subject: Re: [Leica] Macro Lens choices
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 15 Dec 2001 10:30:49 -0800

On Sat, 15 December 2001, "Aram Langhans" wrote:

> Is the focusing macro 100/4 the same optical formula?

Yes

> Both of these lenses need "help" to reach 1:1 and beyond.  If I save my
> bellows, they could both work in auto mode on the Novoflex bellows.

Does the Novoflex bellows have meter couplings?!?

> Would
> the 100/2.8 APO perform well at 1:1 using extension rather than the special
> optics designed for 1:1?

It's not APO if you use extension instead of the dedicated ELPRO

> I also have a 90/2.8 that I use.  If I bought the 100/2.8 APO, would that
> make my 90 expendiable?  Would the 100 perform as well for portraits?  For
> infinity shots?  Is it bulkier than the 90/2.8?

The 90 would be redundant except for those times when you don't want to carry the bulkier 100 APO.  Even if you have a first-version 90, the 100 is bigger and bulkier.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe