Subject: Re: [Leica] Macro Lens choices
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 06:12:20 -0800

> Date: 15 Dec 2001 10:30:49 -0800
> From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
> Subject: > Message-ID: <20011215183049.9017.cpmta@c014.snv.cp.net>
> On Sat, 15 December 2001, "Aram Langhans" wrote:

> > Both of these lenses need "help" to reach 1:1 and beyond.  If I save my
> > bellows, they could both work in auto mode on the Novoflex bellows.
> >

> Does the Novoflex bellows have meter couplings?!?

 Yes.  The Novoflex bellows has two levers communicating between the lens
mount and the camera.  One stops the lens down to the set aperature when the
shutter fires, the other communicates the f-stop to the camera body so
manual and aperature preferred metering will work w/o stopping down on
lenses that have the right cams (not the 100 bellows macro).  I have tried
it with my 90mm and it works just fine.

Aram